Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Ramblings to the max

1. We took a trip down to Fort Jackson, SC today.  My husband got his official military id card  which means we get discounts on everything from phones to concert tickets.  Who would have thought? We are going to take advantage of that this Saturday as we attend Carolina Rebellion, which is a huge music festival with bands that we love like Chevelle, Evanescence, POD, Five Finger Death Punch (not a fan of the name but they are really cool), Shinedown, and some others. 

 Aug. 20, 1992, James departed from home, went to Ft. Leonard Wood in Missouri to do basic training.  Now 20 years later, he will be going through another type of training altogether.   He will be going through CH-BOLC which is training for military chaplains.  Of course, he is pretty ambitious and is planning on becoming a chaplain with every type of extra training he can get.  Airborne, Air Assault, and also Ranger school.

2. So, since I am quite convinced that the great number of people who visit my blogs don't really read my posts, I will ramble on and not worry about boring anyone..   So ...Thinking about music, I have really been liking Flyleaf lately.  Their second album "Memento Mori" seems to be even better than their first. 

I love this song:


Sorrow

Sometimes life seems too quiet
Into paralyzing silence
Like the moonless dark
Meant to make me strong

Familiar breath of my old lies
Changed the color in my eyes
Soon he will perforate the fabric of the peaceful by and by

Left alone with only reflections of the memory
To face the ugly girl that's smothering me
Sitting closer than my pain
He knew each tear before it came
Soon He will perforate the fabric of the peaceful by and by

And we kiss each other one more time
And sing this lie that's halfway mine
The sword is slicing through the question
So I won't be fooled by his angel light

Sorrow lasts through this night
I'll take this piece of you
And hope for all eternity
For just one second I felt whole
As you flew right through me
And up into the stars

Joy will come



3.  I hate coffee tables.  I never did like them, but now.....grrr....
I havent had one ever, because I had kids and I was positively convinced that they would bang their noggins on the corners and they just added clutter anyway.  BUT... in order to sell the house, I bought one to stage the living room properly.  You know, like in the HGTV shows.  Within a couple of days, I was moving too quickly and my toe smacked against a corner.  It snapped, cracked, whatever.  It hurt.  I said calmly "I broke my toe".  I guess because I didn't scream or cry, no one knew that it REALLY hurt.  I should have sworn a few times to get sympathy.  Anyway 3 1/2 weeks later,  it still hurts!
I found ducktape that is tie dyed, however and now atleast it looks cool, all taped up, although big, fat and swollen.  OK, enough complaining.  But since I assume no one would read this much, I will go on.
 Picture of my broken fat toe with the coolest duck tape ever... tie dye purple and blue


No comments:

Post a Comment