Sunday, May 6, 2012

“Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.”

 

We ventured out to Rockingham Speedway where the Carolina Rebellion concert was being held. Awesome music, but, it was crazy.  I am not talking about the "freak factor" or normal crazy stuff.  I am talking about the ickiness which I have not seen at other concert venues.  It was very dusty and I was positive that if the zombie apocalypse was about to happen, the virus would be spread there.  Airborne or possibly in the beer tap.  My friend Tracie told me that if the ZA happens, we would have to hide in the porta potties a couple of days and then we would be ok.  I think I would prefer turning into a zombie.  I have re-occuring nightmares about public toilets.


It was extremely hot.  The night before one of our friends who is one of those rescue medical people had to helicopter in to save a guy.  His internal body temperature was 110 degrees.  He is going to have permanent brain damage.  So sad.


At the POD stage, I realized how important it is to go to concerts with people who watch the same shows/read the same books.   There was a huge staghead on their banner.  How could a Game of Thrones fan not say something about the Baratheon logo? There was a stag head.




Chevelle was the best.
Five Finger Death Punch?  The guitarist has the most awesome beard ever. 


My videos of the concert are awful.  I am learning how to work my phone, and people were bumping into me. People who could possibly vomit on me at any moment, and no one there had ever heard about the personal bubble space concept.  But that brings me to my next musing.
I am in love.  With my phone.  First time I have had a smart phone and it is a real learning curve. My videos stink because of user error, but the sound is good. But this phone is incredible.  I love it so much, I feel like I am in an outer limits episode, being in love with an android and all.   I am such a nerd.

No comments:

Post a Comment